Cancelled recurring card payment still being taken
What to do if you've cancelled your recurring card payment but you notice it's still being taken from your account.
Before you do anything, make sure you have a note of the date you cancelled the payment, and any payments that have left your account since that date.
If you cancelled with the company
Contact them again and let them know the date you cancelled the payment, and any payments that have left your account since that date.
Ask them to:
- refund any payments taken after this
- stop any further payments
- provide written confirmation that they’re cancelling the payment and refunding your money.
If you’re not having any luck cancelling directly, please contact us – we’ll be able to help you.
If you asked us to cancel it
We’ll need to process the cancellation, and that can take a little while. Sometimes a payment may have been taken if it was already being processed.
If a payment leaves your account after you’ve asked us to cancel it, please get in touch with us.
How to contact us if you need help
When you contact us, please tell us:
- the company name or payment you’re trying to stop
- the date you cancelled the payment
- whether you cancelled it with the company or through us
- which payments have been taken since.
Recurring debit card payments
Over the phone
7 days a week, 8am to 8pm.
In the Internet Bank
- Log into the Internet Bank.
- Select My messages.
- Select Compose new message.
- Follow the instructions.
Over the phone
Our UK-based team can help.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Saturday, 8am to 8pm.
Sunday, 9am to 5pm.
UK: 0800 055 66 22