How to cancel a Direct Debit
This page explains how to cancel Direct Debits being paid to a Nationwide account, or from a Nationwide account to another company.
Cancelling a Direct Debit
Notify the company
A Direct Debit is an agreement between you and a company. It's important you let them know before you cancel so you won't be charged for missed payments.
Cancel the Direct Debit
You can use the Banking app or log in to the Internet Bank (opens in a new window)
Direct Debits are covered by the Direct Debit guarantee (opens in a new window).
If it's us that you're paying, let us know you want to cancel using these phone numbers.
Cancel in the Banking app
- Log in to the Banking app.
- Select the account the Direct Debit is taken from.
- From the bottom menu, choose More.
- Select View and cancel payments.
- Find the Direct Debit you wish to cancel.
- Choose Cancel this Direct Debit.
Cancel in the Internet Bank
- Log in to the Internet Bank.
- Choose on the Move money tab.
- Under Manage payees, choose the account the Direct Debit is taken from, then Go.
- On the Manage payees page, select the Direct Debits option.
- Find the right payment and click Cancel this Direct Debit.
- Confirm by choosing Yes.
Can't find a Direct Debit?
If the Direct Debit you want to cancel is not listed alongside your other Direct Debits, it might be a recurring card payment.