How to cancel a Direct Debit
How to cancel Direct Debits being paid from a Nationwide account to another company.
Steps to cancel a Direct Debit to a company
You can cancel a Direct Debit to a company online in our Banking app or Internet Bank.
A Direct Debit is an agreement between you and a company. So, we recommend you let them know you’ve cancelled the payment so you can set up an alternative payment and won't be charged for missed payments.
Cancel in the Banking app
- Log into the Banking app.
- Select the account the Direct Debit is taken from.
- From the bottom menu, choose More.
- Select View and cancel payments.
- Find the Direct Debit you wish to cancel.
- Choose Cancel this Direct Debit.
Cancel in the Internet Bank
- Log into the Internet Bank.
- Choose the Move money tab.
- Under Manage payee, choose the account the Direct Debit is taken from, then Go.
- On the Manage payees page, select the Direct Debits option.
- Find the right payment and click Cancel this Direct Debit.
- Confirm by choosing Yes.
Cannot find a Direct Debit?
If the Direct Debit you want to cancel is not listed alongside your other Direct Debits, it might be a recurring card payment.
Cancel a Direct Debit with us over the phone
If it's us that you're paying, let us know you want to cancel using these phone numbers.