What to do if you've forgotten your PIN
You can request a PIN reminder if you want to keep the same one. Or you can request a brand new PIN. Either way, your PIN will arrive by post in 3 to 5 working days.
If your PIN is locked, contactless will only work until a certain number of transactions has been made or a value of up to £130 has been spent. Once you have a new PIN, you’ll need to use a cash machine or make a Chip and PIN purchase to get it working again.
Request a PIN reminder
In the Internet Bank
- Log in to the Internet Bank using your memorable data and passnumber.
- Go to the View accounts.
- Select the relevant account.
- Choose Other account services.
- From the Account services menu, choose Request a PIN reminder.
- Enter the last 8 digits of your 16 digit card number.
- Click Request PIN.
- We'll send you a PIN reminder to your registered address within 3 to 5 working days.
- Make sure you have your account details or customer number to hand.
- Give us a call on 0800 30 20 11 (open 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm).
- Choose the Current account, Internet Banking and credit cards option.
- We'll send a new PIN to your registered address within 3 to 5 working days.
Banking without your PIN
You can still get cash or make a payment without your PIN. Visit us in branch with some ID such as a passport or driving licence, and a member of our team will help you.