Visa Secure Terms and Conditions
- "Account" means your Nationwide Visa debit or VISA credit card account.
- "Nationwide Visa Secure" means the service offered by us for you to use with your Account.
- "Personal Information" means the personal information you provided us with as part of your Account application including but not limited to your name, address, date of birth and contact details.
- "Visa Secure" is the secure service that provides online authentication when purchasing goods from Visa enabled retailers over the internet.
- "We", "us" and "our" mean Nationwide.
- "You", "your" and "yours" mean the person who has entered into this agreement with us.
2. Using Nationwide Visa Secure
- When you use your Nationwide VISA debit or VISA credit card to make an online transaction, your transaction will go through the Visa Secure authentication process where it will be assessed for risk. You may be prompted to enter additional Personal Information or a texted passcode at this point. If you choose not to follow the Visa Secure process when prompted, you will not be able to proceed with the transaction.
- When you use Nationwide Visa Secure, both these conditions and your Account conditions will apply.
- If you change any of your Personal Information you must notify us immediately to ensure that our records are up to date.
3. Changing the terms and conditions
- We may change these terms by sending a written notice of the change to any address, including any e-mail address, that you have given to us, or (if the change is to your advantage) by publishing them on the website.
- We may make changes with immediate effect to update or improve Nationwide Visa Secure or to reflect any requirements imposed on us by any party which assists us in providing Nationwide Visa Secure.
- We may make changes with immediate effect if required to do so by any law or other regulatory requirement affecting us.
- We will normally give you 30 days' notice if the changes we make are to your disadvantage.
- Nationwide Visa Secure may be amended or discontinued, temporarily or permanently, without notice where the amendment or discontinuation is required by Visa International Services Association who run the payment systems for the cards used with your accounts.
4. Ending your Nationwide Visa Secure service
- We can end your use of Nationwide Visa Secure on written notice. We will normally provide you with thirty days written notice; however, in exceptional circumstances we may end your access immediately and notify you as soon as possible.
- We may also end your use of Nationwide Visa Secure if you breach any of these conditions or any conditions of your Account.
5. Your liability
Unless you are a victim of fraud, you are responsible for all instructions sent using Nationwide Visa Secure.
6. Use of your information
- We may use your Personal Information to administer the Visa Secure process.
- We may transfer your Personal Information to a country that is outside the European Economic Area for the purposes of managing and administering Visa Secure and we will ensure that the security of your Personal Information is maintained.
- We may provide the police or any prosecuting authority any information obtained in connection with Nationwide Visa Secure in order to allow them to investigate any suspected use of your security details.
7. Governing law
These conditions are governed by English law. Any disputes arising from these conditions will be dealt with by the English courts, unless you can show you accessed the site from Scotland in which case the Scottish courts may be used.