Since members voted back in 2007 to use 1% of our pre-tax profits towards funding community projects, we’re now encouraging local solutions to the national housing crisis by:
- welcoming applications from charities and other local organisations
- allocating £250,000 of funding to each UK region
- providing individual grants of up to £50,000 per project to improve local housing issues
- forming regional Community Boards, made up of local Nationwide members, employees and charity partners
- shortlisting the best community project ideas.
Members vote for their favourite project. Those with the most votes then receive a grant between £10,000 and £50,000 and access to support from experts.