20. Within 30 days of each monthly prize draw and where we can, we will contact the selected winners, who have been checked against the eligibility criteria at rules 4, 5 and 6 above, by email or letter to let them know they have won.
21. We will use the contact details that we hold for the selected winners including the last known postal or email address. We will not use a postal address where previous postal communications to that address have been returned to us. We may also try to contact the selected winners by telephone where we have these details.
22. Before we pay out the prize money, we may require the selected winners to provide proof of their identity, age and that they were living in England, Wales or Scotland on the day of the prize draw. This may include asking the selected winners to come into one of our branches to verify their details. If a selected winner is not able to provide the information we ask for, we have the right to refuse to pay out their winnings.
23. If we discover that, between the last working day of the previous month and the day of the prize draw, a selected winner has;
- moved outside of England, Wales or Scotland; or
- become subject to a financial sanction, restraint order or we are aware or reasonably suspect that fraudulent activity has taken place,
the selected winner will not be contacted in accordance with rule 20 above and will not be eligible to claim their winnings.
24. We won’t pay the prize draw winnings to anyone other than the winner or their representative. This could be an attorney appointed by the winner.
25. Within 6 months of the date of each monthly prize draw we will make available on request the county and member product(s) held for the winners of £100,000, £25,000 and £10,000 prizes (subject to rules 34 to 38 below). You can request this by phoning us or visiting us in branch.
26. We may ask you to take part in publicity relating to the prize draw, but you don’t have to agree to this.