We ran a dedicated responsible business, ‘materiality assessment’ in 2019, to inform our reporting and strategy. Feedback was gathered from over 1000 stakeholders, including members, non-members, colleagues, suppliers, and investors.
During the assessment:
- We identified the environmental, social, and governance issues currently important to Nationwide, using internal workshops, external insight, and trend reports.
- Our stakeholders were asked to rank the issues and how well they felt Nationwide was responding to them.
The themes that came out of our materiality assessment as most important were:
- taking care of personal data and money
- being a force for social and environmental good in all we do
- demonstrating honesty, integrity, care and empathy.
The findings were reviewed by our Strategy, Responsible Business, Investor Relations, and External Relations teams. They’ve been used to inform the development of our Mutual Good Commitments.