- This offer pays a recommender and credits the recommended friend’s current account with the offer payment for each qualifying recommendation made on or after 5 February 2018.
- We limit the number of payments we make to a recommender and you’ll find these details in the Payment section below.
- We may change, extend or withdraw this offer at any time and without letting you know.
- This offer can’t be used along with any of our other current account cash rewards offers.
- This offer is not available to Nationwide employees.
- Recommender: To qualify for this offer the recommender must
- be 18 years or over and hold either a Nationwide current account, mortgage (excluding buy to let and commercial mortgages) or savings account in their own name or jointly with another member
- Recommend a Friend by following the Recommend a Friend instructions at nationwide.co.uk/recommend
- not recommend themselves to Nationwide
- We’ll send an email to the recommender which will include a link they will need to give to the friend they are recommending.
- The link contains a unique identification number and start date and can only be given to one friend. If the recommender wants to recommend other friends, they’ll need to complete a separate recommendation for each friend they’re recommending.
- Recommended Friend: To qualify for this offer, the recommended friend needs to follow the steps below:
Step 1: Once the recommended friend receives the link from the recommender they must then complete a full switch using the Nationwide Current Account Switch Team to transfer an existing current account with another provider to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus current account. No other Nationwide current accounts qualify for this offer.
- When the full switch is started the recommended friend will be given a Current Account Switch reference number which will be needed for Step 2 below.
- The switch must close the old account.
- A minimum of two existing Direct Debits on the old account must be transferred as part of the switch. Other types of automated payments, such as Standing Orders and recurring card payments, will not count towards this.
Step 2: Once the full switch has been started the recommended friend will need to complete the recommendation form accessed through the link given to them by the recommender. The Current Account Switch reference number must be entered on the recommendation form.
- The full switch must be completed and the recommendation form must be submitted to us within 90 days after the start date shown on the recommendation form.
- We’ll only accept one online recommendation form for the recommended friend even if the friend is recommended by more than one recommender.
- If all the conditions above are met and the full switch completes successfully, we’ll pay the recommender and credit the recommended friend’s current account with the offer payment within 30 days. If the recommender manages the qualifying account as a third party, such as an attorney or receiver, we’ll credit the member’s account.
- The amount of the payment will depend on the offer applying at the time we receive the correctly completed online recommendation form from the recommended friend.
- There’s no limit to the number of friends a recommender can recommend and each recommended friend will qualify for a payment if they meet the conditions. However, we’ll only pay the recommender for the first 5 eligible recommendations they make in any one tax year.
- The recommended friend is entitled to only one payment even if they switch more than one account to us or if more than one recommender recommends them. If the recommended friend has received a payment under any other Nationwide Recommend a Friend offer, then they are not eligible to receive a payment under this offer.
- The recommender will only receive payment for a recommendation quoting the unique identification number and start date they provided to their recommended friend. If someone else recommends that friend, we’ll pay the recommender whose unique identification number and start date is quoted on the first online recommendation form we receive for the recommended friend.
- Joint accounts only qualify for one payment for each account that’s switched to us. So, if the recommended friend switches a joint account to us, only one offer payment will be made to the recommender and the recommended friend’s joint account.
- If the recommender or recommended friend holds any current account with us that’s managed by our Collections & Recoveries Department, they will not qualify for this offer.
- If the recommended friend closes their account without good reason and within 3 months of crediting their account with the offer payment, we reserve the right to claim back the offer payment from both the recommender and the recommended friend within 6 months of the account closing.