2. Your account is a share of Nationwide Building Society. It will give membership rights to the account holder(s). By opening the account, you agree to be bound by both our Rules and these conditions. A copy of our Rules is available from any of our branches or on our website at nationwide.co.uk
3. The account must not be used for business purposes.
4. We are not responsible for failure of any machine, data processing system, transmission link, or any industrial dispute or circumstances beyond our control which obstructs or disrupts the provision of services to you.
5. We have complete discretion as to whether and on what terms, we will accept instruction by fax and email (except those via Nationwide's Internet Banking messaging facilities from registered Nationwide Internet Banking users) in relation to your account.
6. This agreement and the operation of the account will be governed by English Law and the language we will use in our communications will be English.
7. Credit facilities are not available on the account. If any withdrawal or payment creates an overdraft (and without prejudice to our right to refuse an overdraft), the account must be brought back into credit immediately.
8. On the death of an account holder (other than a nominee or trustee) the balance in the account together with interest and any bonus will be paid to their personal representatives without notice or loss of interest.
9. We may discontinue or stop offering the account to new customers without telling you.
10. From time to time we may publish ‘Savings Promises'. These will be clearly promoted as such and entitled ‘Our Savings Promises'. These Savings Promises are incorporated into and form part of these terms and conditions.
11. If any money you owe Nationwide (for example on a loan, credit card, mortgage, overdraft or otherwise) is overdue for payment, we may use any money you have in any of your accounts with Nationwide to reduce or repay what you owe, by way of set-off. Nationwide can use this right of set-off against accounts which are in your sole name as well as joint accounts you hold with Nationwide. We will tell you at least 14 days before we exercise this right of set-off. For the purposes of this condition only, 'Nationwide' means Nationwide Building Society, its subsidiaries which include The Mortgage Works (UK) plc and UCB Home Loans Ltd.