Main content of page below
In addition to the general savings terms and conditions, the following conditions apply to 90 Day Smart Saver. If there is a conflict between the general conditions and these 90 Day Smart Saver conditions, the 90 Day Smart Saver conditions will take priority.
Account holding and ownership
- The Promotor of the prize draw is Nationwide Building Society, Nationwide House, Pipers Way, Swindon, SN38 1NW (“the Promotor”).
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over, with the exception of employees (including contractors and temporary employees) of the Nationwide Group and their immediate family members.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- To enter the prize draw entrants must send a tweet with a photo that includes #LivingOnYourSide. Alternatively, entrants can enter by completing the form and uploading a photo at your.nationwide.co.uk/generations. Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 8.00 am on 01 June 2015. The closing date is midnight on 12 July 2015. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
- The Promotor accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind.
- Twenty six winners will be chosen by random draw, performed by a computer process, on 26th July 2015.
- The first drawn winner will receive £500 towards a family portrait photo shoot (“the Winner of the Photo-shoot”). The next twenty five drawn winners will each receive a #LivingOnYourSide mug.
- The winners will be notified by Twitter or email (using details provided at entry) on 2 August 2015 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promotor within 14 days of being notified by the Promotor, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promotor will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The Winner of the Photo-shoot must select a professional photographer of their choice and, by 1 September 2015, provide their contact details to the Promotor who will then arrange for payment of £500 to be made to the professional photographer.
- The prizes for the winners are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The Promotor reserves the right to replace the prizes with alternative prizes of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promotor’s control make it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promotor regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Details of the winners (names and regional areas only) will be published on the Nationwide Facebook page and will also be available from 17 August 2015 by writing to Social Media Team, Nationwide House, C1, Nationwide Building Society, Pipers Way, Swindon, SN38 1NW.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promotor reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prizes to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name, regional area and photograph in any media. Selected entries will be displayed within a photo gallery on the Nationwide Facebook page and also at selected areas of www.nationwide.co.uk.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter or Facebook.
- Interest is paid annually on 31 December each year into the account, a Nationwide current account or savings account (excluding Regular Savings) or a current account with another bank or building society
- We will not calculate interest on pence in the account
- The interest rate payable on the account is variable
- Payments into the account can be made at any branch and you may transfer money into the account online from a Nationwide card account
- Withdrawals can be made at any branch
- Withdrawals may be made at any time subject to 90 days' written notice, or immediately subject to a loss of 90 days' interest at the prevailing rate on the amount withdrawn. If there is insufficient earned interest, then all or part of this 90 days' interest will be taken from the funds in the account. If the funds under notice are not withdrawn by the date the notice ends, a further 10 days will be allowed for this withdrawal without loss of interest