If you'd like the Travel Insurance, you'll need to meet the following eligibility criteria by 30 September 2017
To qualify you must:
- Have applied for your FlexAccount before 15 December 2016
- Be a permanent resident of the UK
- Be aged 16 - 75 (your cover will continue until your 75th birthday, after that you need to purchase an age upgrade policy annually to continue using your cover)
- Switch all your Direct Debits and standing orders to us from another bank or building society to your FlexAccount, using the Current Account Switch Team,
- pay in at least £750 per month into your FlexAccount for at least 3 consecutive months (excluding transfers from any Nationwide account held by you or anyone else)
- Eligibility will be assessed when the account switch is complete or at the end of the month, when you have deposited £750 or more.
Whichever of these options you choose, you must qualify by 30 September 2017. This means that you’ll need to have completed your switch or made your third payment of at least £750 by this date. After this date you will no longer be able to qualify for cover.
As soon as your account qualifies we will send you a letter with details of how to confirm your insurance.
How to confirm your travel insurance:
Once you qualify for free travel insurance we will send you a FlexAccount Travel Cover Eligibility Declaration to read, complete and return to us by 31 October 2017.
If you don't return your declaration by this date you won't be able to benefit from the Travel Insurance.
Your cover will not start until you receive your Certificate of Insurance - we’ll send this to you within two weeks of receiving your completed FlexAccount Travel Cover Eligibility Declaration.
To keep your cover you'll need to:
- Pay in at least £750 into your account per month (excluding transfers from any Nationwide account held by you or anyone else), and
- Remain a UK resident.
We will review eligibility each year and customers not maintaining a deposit of at least £750 per month will be notified when their cover will be removed.
Your FlexAccount cover will stop:
- When your FlexAccount is closed
- If you change your FlexAccount to a different Nationwide current account (FlexDirect or FlexPlus)
- If we notify you that you no longer meet the eligibility criteria
- On your 75th birthday, after that you will need to purchase an age upgrade policy annually to continue using your cover
- If an account holder is removed from the account - cover will cease with immediate effect for that person only.