Yes you can, but whether this option is available to you will be assessed on your individual circumstances.
During the application process you will be asked ‘Do you have any other loans’, answering ‘Yes’ will allow you to consolidate any existing Nationwide personal loans.
You can take out a new loan and leave your existing loan in place if you prefer, but you should note that you can only have 2 Nationwide Personal Loans at any time and the total amount borrowed on these loans together must not exceed £25,000.
Topping-up an existing personal loan online
Registered Internet Bankers:
- Log In to the Internet Bank
- Click on the ‘Browse’ tab on the top right hand side of he screen
- Click ‘Personal Loan’ from the ‘Borrowing’ section at the bottom of the page
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the application
- During the application you will be asked ‘Do you have any other loans?’, answering ‘Yes’ will automatically display any existing Nationwide personal loans. You will then have the option to settle the personal loans.
Users not registered for Internet Banking:
If you are not registered for Internet Banking you can still consolidate existing Nationwide personal loans within the online application process. You will need your personal loan account number, this can be found on any letters or annual statements referring to your loan. Alternatively you can call a Nationwide Building Society representative on 08459 30 20 12, option 2, who will be able to assist you.
You also have the option to register for Internet Banking and then apply online for a loan top-up. To register you’ll need to have another Nationwide product – Current account, Savings account, Credit Card or Mortgage. Once registered you’ll have everything you need to Log In and top-up online within 3-5 days.
Other ways to top-up
- Call our call centre on 0800 030 40 63
- Visit your local branch.