If you have any questions about managing your Champion Saver account, check the frequently asked questions below to see if we can help (just click the question and the answer will appear underneath):

  • Cheque or cash at any Nationwide branch
  • By standing order
  • By transfer from a Nationwide card account or instant access savings account in branch or via the Internet Bank
    The easiest way is using the "Quick Transfer" menu on the left hand side of the Internet Bank screens. Your transfer will take place immediately and your account will be updated online to show the new balance
  • Bank credit / automated payment from an account held with another provider using the following details:
    Sort code: 070093
    Account number: 33333334
    Roll/Ref: full account number e.g. 1234/123456789

You can:

  • Withdraw up to £500 per day in cash or larger amount by cheque at any Nationwide branch
  • Transfer to any other Nationwide account at any branch subject to the terms and conditions
  • Transfer money via the Internet bank to a Nationwide card account or an instant access savings account

You can find your interest rate at nationwide.co.uk, within the Internet Bank or in our branch literature. Alternatively you can ask in branch or telephone 0800 30 20 11.

Your Champion Saver passbook will provide a record of all transactions that have taken place. A statement will be sent to you annually, as long as you have £100 or more in your account(s) when we produce the statement. A full Champion Saver statement is also available on the Internet Bank. You need to register for Internet Banking.

You are able to view your Champion Saver online and your are able to transfer funds to and from another Nationwide card account or instant access savings account using the Internet Bank.

Interest is calculated daily and credited to your Champion Saver account on 31 December. Alternatively, interest can be paid into another Nationwide account or current account (subject to the terms and conditions of the receiving account).

Since 6 April 2016 interest is paid without tax deducted. You may need to pay tax on any interest that exceeds your Personal Savings Allowance. For more information please visit HMRC’s website at hmrc.gov.uk

We therefore no longer require you to complete an R85 to receive interest gross.

There are forms available online to change your name or address. These can be found within 'Other Services' on your Internet Bank. Alternatively you can pop into your local branch.

FSCS logo

Financial Services Compensation Scheme

Protecting your money

Find out more