Purchase Protection and Travel Accident Cover are not available on new credit cards. Existing Classic and Gold card customers can continue to use these as part of their account.
In the event of a claim please telephone: 08707 200 743.
Purchase Protection Cover - This insurance is free to Nationwide credit card customers. It provides protection for amounts debited to a Nationwide credit card for the purchase of an item if that item is then lost or damaged anywhere in the world and not protected by any other insurance.
Key features and benefits of Purchase Protection Policy:
- Eligible purchases are purchases that are over £50 (or sterling equivalent if foreign currency) charged to your card account to pay for personal property either in full or part
- Maximum claim payment of £15,000 for any one claim and £50,000 for all claims made within a 12-month period
- The insurer will pay the amount of the eligible purchase, or the maximum claim payment, whichever is the lesser if the eligible item is lost or damaged
Travel Accident Cover - This insurance is free to Nationwide credit card customers. It provides a lump sum benefit following accidental death or bodily injury due to an accident whilst travelling anywhere in the world on transport paid for using a Nationwide credit card.
Key features and benefits of Travel Accident Policy:
- The insurer will pay the benefit described below in the event of an insured person suffering accidental death or bodily injury whilst travelling
- Your partner will be eligible to become insured under this group policy provided they are over 18 years of age at the purchase date
- Your children will be eligible to become insured under this group policy provided they are under 18 years of age at the purchase date