Check your policy schedule and booklet to confirm whether this cover applies.
Home Emergency insurance - what's covered?
Separate from our Buildings and Contents Home Insurance products, Home Emergency Cover provides 24 hour assistance if a home emergency occurs and you need a tradesman to make your home safe,
secure and prevent further damage. This cover will help with problems such as
- Roof damage
- Plumbing and drainage problems
- Main heating system failure
- Domestic power supply failure
- Toilet unit damage or failure
- Damage to doors and windows
- Loss of keys
- Vermin infestation
Cover is up to £500 (incl. VAT) in total for call out charges, labour, parts and materials.
You should report an incident as soon as is reasonably possible (normally within 48 hours of the emergency happening). This is not a maintenance contract and cover is provided for emergencies to the home only.
For more information about the limits and exclusions, please read the policy documents.
What is not covered?
- any claim if the incident happened before the start date of your cover
- any claim which is covered under any other insurance, including other sections of this Home Insurance policy
- if your home is being rented out or let, you are only covered if you are the owner occupier of the home.
- any costs you incur before you have notified the insurer of a home emergency
- any normal day to day maintenance, as this is not classed as an emergency.
To contact the 24-hour Home Emergency Helpline call: 0800 464 30 25.
For more information about what's covered please read the full policy document and the policy summary document.