1. Your name, address and account number will appear on this transfer and on any related messages through the payment chain.
2. The administration fee is non-refundable.
3. Provided there is no negligence on the part of Nationwide and/or its agents, then Nationwide and its agents shall not be liable for any claims or losses arising as a result of money:-
i. not received by the receiving bank or the beneficiary; or
ii. rejected by the receiving bank or beneficiary; or
iii. for any reason, delayed whilst in transmission to the receiving bank or the beneficiary; or
iv. being recalled by you.
Subject to the above, Nationwide will make every effort to trace the funds and notify you of the outcome.
1. For payments outside of the EEA, where it is not possible to recover any charges from the receiving bank’s account holder, Nationwide may debit your account with any such charges.
2. For payments outside of the EEA, the receiving bank or agent may pass on extra charges (without notifying Nationwide) for processing the transfer request. This means that either the beneficiary will receive a lesser sum or a charge will be debited from your account.
3. Nationwide does not give advice on the currency used.
4. The exchange rates used by us to send currency payments are set by our agent bank and may be higher or lower than the indicative rate provided. This will depend on the time the transfer is requested, the value of the payment and the market conditions at the time the currency is reserved.
5. In the event of funds being returned or recalled, the exchange rate prevailing on the day that we receive the funds back from our agent bank will be used to convert your funds to sterling. This may be a higher or lower rate than the one used applied when the transfer was sent. If the amount of the return or recall is less that the amount originally sent we will not be able to credit your accounts with the difference.
6. SWIFT payments can usually take between 3-5 working days to reach the destination bank. Payments to India can take up to 3 months and occasionally longer to reach the beneficiary account.
7. Please be aware that no funds can be transferred from your account until your request has been received within the SWIFT and Foreign Payments Incoming Team at Nationwide.
SWIFT payments are subject to exclusions and restrictions, you can find more information within Nationwide's Sanctions Policy Statement - payments.