To open this account:
- A child must be aged between 7 and 17 years old to apply for the account themselves
- An adult can open and manage an account on behalf of a child aged between 0 – 15 years old
- You can open this account with a minimum of £1 up to a maximum of £5,000,000
You can open this account:
- Online via the secure application form (use the 'Start application' button below this Summary Box)
- Children applying for themselves must hold an existing Nationwide savings account or FlexOne current account.
- Adults applying on behalf of a child must hold a Nationwide current account, savings account, mortgage or credit card, and the child they are applying for must hold a Nationwide savings account or FlexOne current account.
You can manage your account:
- Via the Internet Bank or Banking app (if you are registered for Internet Banking)
- In branch
Please note: you will need a minimum of £1 in the account for it to operate.
It’s easy to move your savings between your existing Nationwide savings accounts or to open a new savings account with us. We can also close your existing savings account, if you want us to. Just let us know when you open a new account on nationwide.co.uk, via our Internet Bank or Banking app (if you're registered) or come and see us in branch.