To open this account:
- You must have a Nationwide current account and be registered for Internet Banking.
- You need to be aged 16 or over.
- You’ll need to have been a continuous member* of Nationwide for a minimum of 1 year.
- The account can have a maximum of two joint account holders; only the first named account holder must have been a continuous member of Nationwide for at least 1 year before opening the account.
- You can open the account with a minimum of £1 up to a maximum of £5,000,000.
- You can open more than one Loyalty Fixed Rate e-Bond as long as your combined balance across all Loyalty Fixed Rate e-Bonds doesn’t exceed £5,000,000.
*What is a member?
A member means a customer with a Nationwide current account, savings account or mortgage. The following product holdings don’t carry membership rights: deposit accounts, personal loans, credit cards, insurance products, products offered by subsidiaries of the Society such as The Mortgage Works (UK) plc.
If you were a member of another building society that has merged with Nationwide, this
will count towards your length of membership with Nationwide. For all ex-Dunfermline
customers, your membership date starts on 30 March 2009 as this was an acquisition
rather than a merger.
Please note: This is a lump sum account so you can’t add more money to the account
once it has been opened.
You can open this account with one lump sum:
You can manage this account:
- Via the Internet Bank
- Using our Banking app (if you’re registered for Internet banking)
At maturity, it’s easy to move your savings between your existing Nationwide savings accounts or to open a new savings account with us. We can also close your existing savings account if you want us to. Simply go to nationwide.co.uk use our Banking app or visit one of our branches.