Combined home insurance

Insure your home and what's in it with our combined home insurance

Get a quote online in a matter of minutes.

Not sure how much cover you need? Work it out using our contents calculator.

We also offer buildings insurance and contents insurance separately.

Need to make a claim?

*Get a £50† Gift Certificate

Enjoy £50 to spend at, on us. This offer is available if you meet our main current account customer eligibility criteria** and buy a new combined buildings and contents policy directly from Nationwide in branch, over the phone or online. To qualify for this offer you must be the main policy holder and if purchasing online, buy directly through gift certificate image

A third party will email the Certificate code to you using the email address you provide during your quote, within 4 months of your policy coming into force providing your policy is not cancelled. If your email doesn’t work, you will receive your Certificate in the post. We’ll only share your contact details (which will include the address you gave us) with the third party so that they can send you the Certificate; they won’t be used for any other purpose. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with a cashback offer. We reserve the right to vary and/or withdraw this offer without notice.

**Eligibility criteria:

To qualify as a Nationwide main current account customer, you must:

  1. Hold a FlexOne account and be aged 18 or over, or hold a FlexAccount with a Visa debit card (not cash card or cash card+) and have:
    1. Been paying in £750+ a month for the last 3 months (excluding internal transfers);
    2. Completed an account switch to us (from a non-Nationwide account) using our Current Account Switch Team in the last 4 months; or 
  2. Hold a FlexDirect or FlexPlus account

Why choose us for home insurance?

  • No Claim Discount of 35% on contents cover for customers who have been claim free for 5 years. Minimum premiums apply. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.
  • Option to protect the No Claim Discount (for an additional premium) for customers with a No Claim Discount of 5 years or over
  • Alternative accommodation cost covered as standard in events like storm, fire or flooding (Limits apply)
  • UK based call centres
  • 24 hour Home Emergency helpline

Who provides this insurance?

Nationwide buildings and contents insurance is underwritten and administered by U K Insurance Limited.
Home Emergency and Legal Assistance are underwritten by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited. The legal advice service is provided by DAS Law Limited and/or a preferred law firm on behalf of DAS.

Get a home insurance quote online in under 10 minutes is not a sponsor of this promotion. Gift Certificates ("GCs") may be redeemed on the website towards the purchase of eligible products listed in our online catalogue and sold by or any other seller selling through GCs cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account. is not responsible if a GC is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. See for complete terms and conditions. GCs are issued by Amazon EU S.à r.l. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of, Inc. or its affiliates.

Contents insurance

Buildings insurance

Get a quote