Main content of page below
Recommend a Friend - Terms of this offer
- The offer is we will credit your current account and the recommended friend’s current account with £100 for each qualifying recommendation made on or after 12 February 2016.
- To qualify for the offer the referrer and the recommended friend must meet the following criteria:
- Must hold either a FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus current account. No other Nationwide current accounts are eligible for this offer.
- Recommendations must be made by completing the online form at nationwide.co.uk/recommend.
- Must complete a full switch using the Current Account Switch Service to transfer an existing current account held with another provider to a Nationwide current account (excluding FlexBasic or FlexOne accounts) within 90 days of being recommended. This full switch will close the old account.
- A minimum of two existing Direct Debits on the old account must be transferred as part of the switch. No other types of automated payments such as Standing Orders will count towards this criteria.
- We may amend, extend or withdraw this offer at any time and without notice to you.
- This offer may not be used in conjunction with any of our other current account cash reward offers.
- Nationwide employees are not eligible for this offer.
- On completion of a successful recommendation, we will credit your account and the account of the person you recommended with the offer payment by the 20th day of the month following the month in which their switch completes. The amount of the payment will depend on the offer applying at the time of the recommendation.
- There is no limit to the number of individuals you may recommend but the maximum amount we will pay you is for 10 successful recommendations in any 12 month period starting on the date of your first successful recommendation.
- The recommended friend will only be entitled to receive one payment for being recommended even if they switch more than one account to us or are recommended by more than one person.
- If the person you recommend has already been recommended by someone else in the previous 90 days your recommendation will not qualify for a payment to you.
- Joint accounts only qualify for one payment per account switched to us. This means if the recommended friend switches a joint account to us only one payment of the offer amount will be made to you and the recommended joint account.
- If you hold any current account with us that is being managed by our Collections & Recoveries Department you will not be eligible for this offer.
- We reserve the right to claim back the offer payment from both parties if the recommended friend closes their account within 3 months of our crediting their account with the offer payment. We will do this by debiting the offer payment from both accounts.