We’ll take care of the whole process from start to finish, and because the Current Account Switch Service is backed by the Current Account Switch Guarantee, you can rest assured we’ll:
- transfer your balance to the new account
- move any Direct Debits, standing orders and bill payments across
- make arrangements for any regular payments, e.g. your salary, to be made into your new account
- complete the switch in 7 working days.
You can choose what day you want the switch to take effect. To get the process started, you’ll just need to give us:
- the name of your current bank or building society
- your sort code
- your account number
- contact details, so we can keep you updated on progress.
We’ll get the rest of the information we need, including a list of your Direct Debits, standing orders and bill payments, from your old bank or building society.
Expecting some payments to your old account? Don’t worry, we’ll make sure they are automatically redirected to your new account.
Things to be aware of
- you won't be able to switch from a joint account to a sole account using the Current Account Switch Service.
- if you use this Service your existing account will be closed.
If you want to know exactly how the Current Account Switch Service works by day, take a look here.