10 February 2016
Nationwide Building Society today opens a new branch on London’s Tottenham Court Road, underlining its belief in the future of the high street branch. The Society continues with its strategy to invest £500 million in its branch network over the next five years and the latest addition features a wealth of modern technology and Nationwide’s new branch design concept.
The branch offers customers a range of services and technology – facilities include:
- More open plan customer seating areas for speaking with the team and four meeting rooms for customers requiring face-to-face advice in private;
- New technology to offer help, guidance and advice to customers;
- The space and facilities to hold seminar style events for customers on a range of financial topics;
- Nationwide NOW – the Society’s pioneering service which gives customers access to a range of Nationwide financial consultants via a high definition video link. Two terminals are available; and
- Two internal ATMs and one external ATM providing a range of self-service functions.
The site on Tottenham Court Road is the second of Nationwide’s flagship branches to open its doors in London in the last six months; the Society opened a new branch in Victoria in September and also refurbished existing branches on Threadneedle Street and Cheapside to incorporate the new design concept. Nationwide plans to open another new branch in London later this year.
Commenting on the opening, Graeme Hughes, Nationwide Group Director, Distribution, said: “Tottenham Court Road is a great place for Nationwide to be, particularly with the addition of Cross Rail in the future. We know that our customers value the service a branch on the high street provides and our new design concept combines a range of self-service facilities with a dedicated team of experts for those invaluable face-to-face conversations. The branch team, led by Krishan Raja, are looking forward to welcoming our customers, old and new to the branch.”