16 July 2014
Nationwide is offering main current account customers purchasing combined buildings and contents cover a £50 Amazon voucher*.
The introductory offer, which runs until 20 September 2014, is available to main current account holders getting a quote in branch or over the phone and comes with the 30% discount they already receive when taking out a combined home insurance policy.
While non-main current account holders will not receive a voucher, they will benefit from a 20% discount if buying a combined policy in branch or over the phone.
Nationwide offers two types of home and contents insurance – Home Insurance and Home Insurance Essentials:
Home Insurance is Nationwide’s highest level of cover with extra benefits as standard and includes:
- Unlimited buildings cover for eligible properties
- £100,000 contents sum insured (can be increased)
- Buildings and contents accidental damage, including damage caused by pets
- Matching items cover
- Cover for personal possessions outside the home (e.g. mobile, laptop, clothing, bags, bicycle)
Home Insurance Essentials is Nationwide’s standard level of cover for your home and belongings and offers:
- £1,000,000 buildings insurance cover
- £50,000 contents sum insured (can be increased)
- Optional accidental damage and personal possessions cover (can be added for an additional premium)
- Theft and loss of keys (up to £500)
- Cost of fixing the damage caused to trace and access a leak (up to £5,000)
Martyn Dyson, Nationwide’s Head of General Insurance, said: “This is an exciting new offer and a great way of giving something back to our main current account customers. We have two very different but competitive home insurance packages that will ensure your home and contents are protected, should the unexpected happen.”
Notes to editors:
*To get access to our range of Flexclusive offers you must either:
1. Hold a FlexAccount with a Visa debit card (not cash card or cash card+) and:
- have been paying in £750+ a month (excluding internal transfers) for the last 3 months; or
- complete an account switch to us (from a non-Nationwide account) using our Current Account Switch Team or have done so in the last 4 months; or
2. Hold a FlexDirect or FlexPlus account.
Both of Nationwide’s home insurance products offer the following:
- Home Emergency cover and Legal Assistance cover are available as optional extras on both policies.
- More information on Home Insurance and Home Insurance Essentials
- Each policy has different limits for unspecified personal possessions, pedal cycles and individual item limits (for valuables or personal effects, whether covered inside the home only or inside and outside the home).
- A 40% discount is available to customers booking their combined buildings and contents insurance online.
- Nationwide’s Home Insurance and Home Insurance Essentials are underwritten by UK Insurance Company Ltd (UKI).
- Terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations apply.
The Amazon voucher offer:
- The introductory 30% discount and £50 Amazon voucher is available if you meet our Flexclusive eligibility criteria and buy a new combined buildings and contents policy in branch or over the phone.
- The discount does not apply to Home Emergency or Legal Assistance cover.
- Minimum premiums apply. A third party (Xexec) will email the voucher code to you using the email address you provide during your quote, within three months of your policy coming into force, providing your policy is not cancelled. If your email doesn’t work, you will receive your voucher in the post the following week. We’ll only share your contact details (which will include the address you gave us) with the third party so that they can send you the voucher; they won’t be used for any other purpose.
- Offer is valid to customers who get a quote between 01/07/2014 and 20/09/2014 and purchase their policy within their quote validity period.
- Nationwide home insurance is underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.
About Nationwide Building Society
Nationwide is the world's largest building society as well as the second largest savings and mortgage provider in the UK. It is also a major provider of current accounts, credit cards, ISAs and personal loans. Nationwide has around 15 million customers.
Customers can manage their finances in a branch, via the mobile app, on the telephone, internet and post. The Society has around 17,000 employees. Nationwide's head office is in Swindon with administration centres based in Northampton, Bournemouth and Dunfermline. The Society also has a number of call centres across the UK.
Customers can manage their finances in branch, on the telephone, internet and post. The Society has around 15,000 employees. Nationwide's head office is in Swindon with administration centres based in Northampton, Bournemouth and Dunfermline. The Society also has a number of call centres across the UK.