05 November 2014
Nationwide’s members, who have downloaded the mobile banking app (for Android), can now access their real-time account balance on their Android Wear smartwatch. This innovative, first to market move, available for download today from the Google Playstore, adds even more ways for customers to manage their money anywhere, anytime.
See how you can check account balances on a smartwatch
The mobile banking app has many other additional benefits such as the ability to: make payments, transfer money, manage overdrafts and open savings accounts quickly and easily.
Tony Prestedge, Chief Operating Officer at Nationwide explains: “Providing customers with a variety of ways to manage their money, whenever and how ever they want is a priority for us. Giving those members who want and have the technology the ability to check their balance on their watch provides them with even more choice as to how they interact with us whether it is online, through an app, face-to-face or over the phone. Our customers have the peace of mind that they can do business with us on their terms, not ours.”
The launch of this new smartwatch feature follows hot on the heels of a number of customer focused developments from Nationwide, including:
- Nationwide Now, which gives customers quicker and easier access to a mortgage appointment. It uses a fast high definition video line so the customer interacts with the adviser as though they were in the same room.
- Becoming the first high street provider to launch 24/7 Twitter to answer customer questions and help resolve questions day and night.
- Our updated mobile app, introducing two new innovative features, Quick Balance and Impulse Saver – both of which do not require members to log in:
- Quick Balance allows customers secure and immediate access to their account balance, helping members keep on top of their finances anytime, anywhere and at the touch of a button. The Quick Balance button on the app has been used over 12 million times since the launch on 4 June.
- Impulse Saver encourages customers to get into the habit of regularly saving small amounts and supports our call to improve the UK’s savings culture. This service allows customers to transfer pre-configured amounts from their current account to their savings account with a couple of taps. Since the launch more than £3.5 million has been saved through Impulse Saver.
- Becoming the first organisation in the UK, in conjunction with Visa, to offer V.me, a new digital wallet designed to make online shopping more convenient and secure.
About Nationwide Building Society
Nationwide is the world's largest building society as well as one of the largestsavingsproviders and a top-three provider of mortgages in the UK. It is also a major provider ofcurrent accounts,credit cards,ISAs andpersonal loans.Nationwide has around 15 million members.
Customers can manage their finances in a branch, via the mobile app, on the telephone, internet and post. The Society has around 17,000 employees. Nationwide's head office is in Swindon with administration centres based in Northampton, Bournemouth and Dunfermline. The Society also has a number of call centres across the UK.