28 June 2013
From today (28 June 2013), Nationwide Building Society is launching new issues of its Fixed Rate Bonds and Fixed Rate cash ISAs.
The new rates for annual interest are:
- Six-month Fixed Rate Bond and e-Bond paying 1.30% gross p.a./AER*
- One-year Fixed Rate Bond, Smart Fixed Rate Bond and e-Bond paying 1.60% gross p.a./AER*
- Two-year Fixed Rate Bond paying 1.70% gross p.a./AER*
- Four-year Fixed Rate Bond and e-Bond paying 1.90% gross p.a./AER*
- One-year Fixed Rate ISA paying 1.75% tax-free/AER*
- Two-year Fixed Rate ISA paying 2.10% tax-free/AER* (Available to maturing Fixed Rate ISA customers only)
- Four-year Fixed Rate ISA paying 2.30% tax-free/AER* (Available to maturing Fixed Rate ISA customers only)
Monthly interest options are also available for all Nationwide’s Bonds and Fixed Rate ISAs.
All other Bonds and Fixed Rate ISAs were withdrawn from sale at the close of business on Thursday 27 June 2013.
Notes to editors:
* AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest were paid and compounded once each year. The gross rate of interest is the interest rate payable before any income tax is deducted (if customers do pay tax).
The net rate of interest is the interest rate payable after any income tax is deducted (if customers do pay tax)
Tax-free is the contractual rate of interest payable where interest is exempt from income tax.
Parity on Fixed Rate Bonds and Fixed Rate ISAs
As part of the Nationwide Savings Promises, we guarantee our Fixed Rate ISA rates will match or beat our equivalent Bond rates.
Further details on all Nationwide’s Savings Promises can be found at: http://www.nationwide.co.uk/savings/savingspromises/default.htm
- Fixed Rate Bonds and Fixed Rate ISAs are available from Nationwide branches. E-Bonds are available from www.nationwide.co.uk.