07 October 2013
Nationwide has added five new equity funds to its investment panel to expand customer choice.
Two of the new funds are invested in emerging markets, two in global equities, while the fifth is primarily made up of UK investments.
Investors with Nationwide now have a total of 25 funds to choose from, reflecting a wide range of options across geographic regions and asset classes.
The new funds are:
- Artemis Income - aims to produce a rising income with capital growth from portfolio primarily made up of investments in the UK
- Threadneedle Global Equity Income - aims to achieve a high and growing income over the long term from a portfolio of predominantly global equities
- Lazard Emerging Markets - aims to seek long-term capital growth by investing primarily in companies in or doing business in emerging markets
- M&G Global Emerging Markets - aims to maximise long term total return (capital growth and income) by investing in emerging market countries
- L&G International Index - aims to provide growth by tracking the performance of company shares in the FTSE World (ex UK) Index
Guy Simmonds, Nationwide Head of Product, Protection and Investment, said: “We are continuing to offer our customers a wide choice of funds to invest in across both in the UK and across the world, and in both emerging and established markets.
“Nationwide is offering accessible advice on the high street and aims to support our customers to achieve their long term investment goals, whether they are investing for the first time or an experienced investor.”
Customers can make payments into a portfolio of funds and investments options are available through advisers in branches. Customers can make either lump sum investments, regular payments or a combination of both.
As with all of Nationwide’s investment products, there will be a 3 per cent initial advice fee followed by a 0.5 per cent ongoing service charge. The advice fee to access the regular payment option is based on 3 per cent of monthly premiums over 48 months.
Nationwide has a range of investment funds from some of the UK’s leading fund managers, carefully selected, regularly reviewed and designed to help meet individual investment needs. These are provided through Legal & General.
Notes to editors:
The investment options Nationwide currently offers are provided through Legal & General. Applications are required for all products. Further details of terms and conditions are available on request. Nationwide offers restricted advice.
Nationwide’s investment panel includes the following funds:
- Legal & General All Stocks Gilt Index Fund
- Legal & General All Stocks Index LinkedGilt Index Fund
- Fidelity Strategic Bond Fund
- Henderson Sterling Bond Fund
- Invesco Perpetual Corporate Bond Fund
- Kames High Yield Bond Fund
- Legal & General Sterling Income Fund
- Henderson UK Property Fund
- M&G Feeder of Property Portfolio Fund
- BlackRock UK Special Situations Fund
- Invesco Perpetual Income Fund
- Investec UK Special Situations Fund
- Legal & General (N) Tracker Fund
- M&G Recovery Fund
- Threadneedle UK Fund
- Aberdeen World Equity Fund
- M&G Global Dividend Fund
- Newton Global Higher Income Fund
- Threadneedle Global Select Fund
- Artemis Income Fund
- Lazard Emerging Markets Fund
- Legal & General International Index Fund
- M&G Global Emerging Markets Fund
- Legal & General Global Emerging Markets Index Fund
- Threadneedle Global Equity Income Fund
The value of your investment can go down as well as up so you may get back less than you originally invested.
Nationwide is the world's largest building society as well as one of the largest savings providers and a top-three provider of mortgages in the UK. It is also a major provider of current accounts, credit cards, ISAs and personal loans. Nationwide has around 15 million members.
Customers can manage their finances in branch, on the telephone, internet and post. The Society has around 15,000 employees. Nationwide's head office is in Swindon with administration centres based in Northampton, Bournemouth and Dunfermline. The Society also has a number of call centres across the UK.