15 May 2012
From today, Tuesday 15 May 2012, anyone taking out Nationwide Building Society’s Credit Card or Select Credit Card will benefit from a choice of new introductory offers. The other benefits of each credit card remain the same.
Select Credit Card
The Select credit card comes with a competitively combined introductory offer1 of:
- Balance transfer: 0% for 20 months (balance transfer fee of 3.10% (£5 minimum fee))
- Purchase: 0% for 12 months
Customers can take advantage of both introductory offers within their credit limit.
The Select card continues to offer the following additional benefits2, which include:
- Unlimited commission-free purchases abroad
- Unlimited cash reward: 0.5% cash-back on all sterling purchases (does not include cash advances)
- A Representative rate of 12.9% APR (variable)
The Select Credit Card continues to be available to any members who use their Nationwide FlexAccount as their main current account.3 The Select card is also available to anyone who opens a FlexAccount and makes it their main current account.
Nationwide Credit Card
Two introductory offers4 are available with our Nationwide Credit Card, which are designed to suit customers with different needs.
For those who primarily want a competitive balance transfer Nationwide offers:
- 0% for 20 months on balance transfers (balance transfer fee of 3.10% (£5 minimum fee))
- 0% for three months on new purchases
Or, for those who are looking for a purchase offer:
- 0% for six months on new purchases.
The Nationwide Credit Card continues to offer:
- A Representative rate of 15.9% APR (variable)
- The ability to earn commission-free purchases abroad by using their Credit Card each time they make a purchase in Sterling. The calculation is based on a ratio of 5:1, so for example, £5 spent in Sterling will earn an allowance of £1 commission-free purchases abroad. Purchases abroad beyond the earned amount will be charged 2% commission, which remains one of the most competitive deals on the market
Paul Carvell, Nationwide’s head of credit card, said: “Both of our credit cards are designed to offer competitive deals and deliver the greatest value to those who choose to have a deeper and more committed relationship with us. Our new introductory offers mean that, whether you’re looking for a 0% balance transfer or 0% purchase offer, we have great introductory deals for you.”
Notes to editors:
- Applications are required for all new products. Further details of terms and conditions are available on request.
- Credit cards are only available to those aged 18 and over and depend on the customer’s circumstances. Nationwide subscribes to the Lending Code.
- Customers should consider all borrowing options carefully and seek independent advice.
- Nationwide Building Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 106078. You can confirm our registration on the FCA's website www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
Representative example – Select Credit Card
- 12.9% APR representative (variable). Based on an assumed credit limit of £1,200 and a purchase rate of 12.9% p.a. (variable).
Representative example – Nationwide Credit Card
- 15.9% APR representative (variable). Based on an assumed credit limit of £1,200 and a purchase rate of 15.9% p.a. (variable).
1 These offers will be available to new account openings where the customer has not held a Nationwide credit card for at least the past year. Introductory rates apply from the date the account is opened. Balance transfers at 0% must be made within three months from account opening.
2 Further details of terms and conditions are available on request
- Commission-free purchases abroad
- Cash reward: Select card customers will benefit from cashback at a rate of 0.5% on all sterling purchase. (To earn cash-back, you just need to continue paying in at least £750 each month, excluding internal transfers.)
3 To qualify as a main FlexAccount holder, you have to hold a FlexAccount with a Visa debit card (not a cash card+) and:
- Have paid in £750 or more each month (excluding internal transfers) for the past three months, or:
- Agree to complete an Account Transfer from an account (non Nationwide) using our Account Transfer Service or have done so in the past four months.
4 These offers will be available to new account openings where the customer has not held a Nationwide credit card for at least the past year. Introductory rates apply from the date the account is opened. Balance transfers at 0% must be made within three months from account opening.