06 November 2012
Nationwide’s Simply Rewards discount website today celebrates its first anniversary. Since its launch in November 2011, more than a million customers have visited the website with many customers taking advantage of the great deals on offer.
Simply Rewards provides Nationwide debit and credit card customers with savings against a number of top brands, including HMV, Café Rouge, The Gourmet Society, aka promotions (West End Theatre), Kwik Fit, TM Lewin and Carluccio’s.
The site also includes discounts from Butlins, Lastminute.com and Virgin Holidays, helping customers save money on holidays both in the UK and abroad. Those holding a main FlexAccount with the Society also benefit from free European travel insurance*, which can protect them both in the UK and overseas.
Main FlexAccount customers also qualify for the exclusive Select credit card (12.9% APR representative (variable)), which offers commission free purchases when used abroad.
Phil Smith, Nationwide’s head of current accounts, said: “Finding a discount online before making a purchase has now become the norm as many people look to make their money go further.
“Despite the economic climate many people still see an annual holiday as an essential spend, but many are looking to save money where they can.
“Not only can Nationwide FlexAccount customers make savings through Simply Rewards when booking their holiday, those travelling within Europe, including the UK, could also save money by not having to purchase separate travel insurance.”
Notes to editors:
- Further details of terms and conditions are available on request
- The Simply Rewards scheme is enabled by Visa Europe’s loyalty platform
* Travel insurance is available to both single and joint FlexAccount customers and will provide free European travel insurance for those who use the FlexAccount as their main (see below) current account and must be aged between 18 and 73 or under at the point your account transfer is complete.
The European travel insurance offered with the FlexAccount is underwritten by UKI.
To qualify you must hold a current account with a Visa debit card (not cash card+), and:
- Have been paying in £750+ (excluding internal transfers) a month for the last three months; or
- Complete an account transfer to us (from a non-Nationwide account) using our Account Transfer Service.
To maintain Travel Insurance cover you must pay in £750+ (excluding internal transfers) each month.
Cover is only available to permanent residents of the UK. Pre-existing medical conditions must be disclosed. Maximum trip limit of 31 days. Cover for those aged over 75 and up to age 79 and additional family members is available at discounted rates.