09 November 2012
From today (9 November 2012), Derbyshire Building Society, part of the Nationwide Group, is reducing its personal loan rate to a market-leading 5.5% APR Representative.
This new rate is available to customers applying online at www.thederbyshire.co.uk or through comparison websites, such as Moneysupermarket. It is available for loans of between £7,500 and £14,999 for a term of up to five years.
Paul Wootton, Nationwide’s head of personal loans, said: “People often want to make a big purchase, such as the dream car or home extension, but they may not have the necessary funds to hand. In those cases a personal loan may be the best option available, but it’s important that people don’t pay more than they need to.
“In recent months the personal loan market has been a hive of activity and rates have dropped to an all time low. At 5.5% APR Representative, the Derbyshire personal loan once again offers the lowest rate on the market, and is certainly one to consider.”
Notes to editors:
Derbyshire Personal Loan
- The interest rate offered will depend on the customer’s individual circumstances.
- One fixed rate for the term of the loan – repayments never change.
- No upfront charges or arrangement fees.
- No repayments for the first month.
- All loans are subject to status and are available to those aged 18 or over only.
- Applications are required for all products. Further details of terms and conditions are available on request.
Nationwide subscribes to the Lending Code.
Customers should consider all borrowing options carefully and seek independent advice.
Nationwide Building Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 106078. You can confirm our registration on the FCA's website www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
The Derbyshire Building Society is a Trading Division of Nationwide Building Society.